Re: Test failures when trying to package Gubbins for Debian

Hi Andreas,
Thanks for the email. We would love to get Gubbins into Debian Med which would simplify the installation process somewhat.

To answer some of your queries:
Yes I'd be interested in joining the Debian Med team,

We have written permission from Tal to use his code, but have not discussed licensing. Do you have any advise on convincing people to release their code under a free licence?

The latest version of fastml is version 3, however its an order of magnitude slower than version 2. So we use version 2. To complicate matters, we have patched the codebase to expose some additional functionality and fix some bugs. All changes from the original code are tracked in github.  Its an essential part of the software so we cannot do without it.
https://github.com/sanger-pathogens/fastml/compare/770d954961959307f7d2db721a3bf5ec7e817ec4...master

We noticed the change in DendroPy the other day and its on our todo list to update our code to support the new method names.

We can update to Python 3.

Regards,
Andrew