Re: python-bz2file packaged; python-screed + khmer updated

On Thu, May 28, 2015 at 2:51 PM, Andreas Tille <andreas@an3as.eu> wrote:
On Thu, May 28, 2015 at 05:13:38PM +0000, Michael Crusoe wrote:
> > I removed the empty upstream/metadata template but noticed there are
> > some more templates that could be removed (createmanpages,
> > get-orig-source, inject-into-alioth-git).  Also the d/watch file
> > needs to be adapted.
>
> Done. I found the pypi.debian.net service which generates a watch file for
> PyPI hosted projects: http://pypi.debian.net/bz2file/watch

Yep, this definitely helps.  However, now there is the following lintian
error:

E: python-bz2file source: debian-watch-file-pubkey-file-is-missing
N:
N:    This watch file verifies a cryptographic signature but the upstream
N:    public key is missing.
N:
N:    Please add upstream public keys in either
N:    debian/upstream/signing-key.asc or debian/upstream/signing-key.pgp.
N:
N:    Refer to the uscan(1) manual page for details.
N:
N:    Severity: important, Certainty: certain
N:
N:    Check: watch-file, Type: source
N:
gbp:error: '~/bin/git-pbuilder' failed: it exited with 1

(I pushed the upload to unstable commit a bit too early but I think
 I can leave this until you either found a signing key or the phrase
 is dropped from d/watch.)

Yeah, I saw that. I've filled an issue with upstream to get the key as I couldn't find it in any public key server:
https://github.com/nvawda/bz2file/issues/1

> > > khmer
> >
> > khmer(master) $ grep python.*3 *.py
> > versioneer.py:* Compatible With: python2.6, 2.7, 3.2, 3.3, 3.4, and pypy
> >
> > So please also provide a python3 package - if it is a user application
> > only than stick to python3 exclusively.
> >

> Likewise the next release of khmer will be Python 3 based.

Sounds good as well.

Note: note the v1.4.1 micro release I just pushed, but v2.0 at the end of next month

> > Thanks for your work on this and please note that my responses will be
> > (drastically) delayed for the next three weeks
>
> I really appreciate the review. Thanks!

Just let me know once you dealt with the signing key issue

Done!

--
Michael