Re: python-bz2file packaged; python-screed + khmer updated

Hi Michael,

On Thu, May 28, 2015 at 03:25:49AM +0000, Michael Crusoe wrote:
> Howdy all,
>
> Can I get some review (if not sponsored uploads) for:
>
> python-bz2file

I removed the empty upstream/metadata template but noticed there are
some more templates that could be removed (createmanpages,
get-orig-source, inject-into-alioth-git).  Also the d/watch file
needs to be adapted.

I see an issue that pure python2 packages will not pass new queue if I
understood things correctly - but I see no reason why it should not work
with python3 (did I missed something?)  At least it was easy to create
the python3 package - please thoroughly check my commit.

Finally please use

    cme fix dpkg-control

(or bump Standards-Version manually to 3.9.6).

> python-screed

Since it depends from python-bz2file (and python3-screed should depend
from python3-bz2file accordingly) we can wait with this until
python-bz2file is accepted, right?

> khmer

khmer(master) $ grep python.*3 *.py
versioneer.py:* Compatible With: python2.6, 2.7, 3.2, 3.3, 3.4, and pypy

So please also provide a python3 package - if it is a user application
only than stick to python3 exclusively.

> All in debian-med's Git repository.

Thanks for your work on this and please note that my responses will be
(drastically) delayed for the next three weeks