Re: Breaking ABI in shlibs (yaml-cpp)

Hi Paul

On Mon, May 18, 2015 at 08:20:06PM -0400, Paul Novotny wrote:
> I recently updated yaml-cpp from 0.5.1 to 0.5.2. This caused a bug in a
> dependent package [1]. It turns out, 0.5.2 is not binary compatible with
> 0.5.1 (abi-compliance-checker confirms this) and is probably the source
> of the bug. Does anyone have advice?

Quoting from the bug report: "A rebuild indeed fixes this bug" - and the
according bug #784199 is just fixed.

> What should I do to resolve this?

Keep on quoting: "... which indicates some problem with libyaml-cpp's
shlib" which might be you could do something about - but I admit I
personally don't know what.  Besides librime1 there is another rdepends
librivet11 which should be probably checked whether it is affected as
well.  You might consider asking either at
debian-mentors@lists.debian.org or yaml-cpp upstream (or both) whether
there might be some explanation and fix for this issue.

Hope this helps