Documentation of the Files-Excluded field (was Re: wgs-assembler)

Le Sat, May 02, 2015 at 09:05:51PM +0200, Andreas Tille a écrit :
> On Sat, May 02, 2015 at 12:16:25AM -0700, Afif Elghraoui wrote:
> >
> > Thanks for this information. I actually spent a while trying to find
> > this to understand how the source was getting repacked upon import.
> > The machine-readable copyright file specification doesn't mention
> > Files-Excluded.
>
> That's (unfortunately) correct,  The reason is that the format
> specification was just finished before Files-Excluded was invented.  As
> far as I know the work on a new version has not yet started.

Hi Andreas,

as of today, the Files-Excluded field is still the biggest proposed change in
the machine-readable copyright file specificaiton.

In the end, there is a chance that the work on a revision will not start if we
do not start it ourselves...  On the other hand, I have a big backlog for a lot
of Debian-related tasks.

Unless we have a volunteer, the best would be to roughly plan a couple of
monthes in advances, so that we can do our best to keep a bit of free time in
our agendas.

Or would you start the discussion by presenting the Files-Excluded field at the
Debconf 2015 this year ?

Have a nice Sunday,

Charles

--