Re: fw4spl's bug reported

Hi Corentin,

On Fri, Mar 27, 2015 at 04:02:02PM +0100, Corentin Desfarges wrote:
> I have just been notified of two "Release Critical Bug" concerning fw4spl.
> As it is the first time that one of my packages is concerned by a report, I
> would like some clarifications before to do something wrong,
>
> About the first bug [1], I presume that it comes from this line of my
> FindHdf5.cmake :
>    /usr/lib/*x86_64-linux-gnu*/hdf5/serial
>
> I replaced it with :
>    /usr/lib/*/hdf5/serial
>
> I can test it on my computer. Does that seem right to you ?

I'm no cmake expert but this sound plausible somehow.

> The second bug [2] is about files from libqt4-qt3support copied during
> build. I followed this link [3], added rdfind and symlinks in d/control and
> these lines in d/rules (in override_dh_auto_install) :
>
>    rdfind -outputname /dev/null -makesymlinks true debian/fw4spl/
>    symlinks -r -s -c debian/fw4spl
>
> If all what I've done is correct, what is the next step ? Update the
> d/changelog in mentionning the closes numbers 781294 and 781298 ?

Yes.  Do some

    dch -i

which creates a new changelog entry with a Debian revision "-2".  Than
describe what you did to fix the bug and add a "Closes: #781294" or
"Closes: #781298" respectively to the entries.

In any case to be fully sure you can perfectly ask the bug reporter by
replying to the bug mail address whether the proposed fix is OK.  This
might safe another upload cycle where the reporter needs to reopen the
bug if it is not fixed.

Thanks for your work on this