Re: orthanc-postgresql

Hi,

> I would provide the following packages:
>
> 	orthanc
> 		main binary and general infrastructure
> 		all the non-backend stuff
> 	orthanc-sqlite
> 		nearly empty package (?)
> 		only providing orthanc.init without postgresql
> 		perhaps providing backup/restore scripts for sqlite DB ?
> 		Conflicts: orthanc-postgresql
> 	orthanc-postgresql
> 		providing orthanc.init with postgresql
> 		providing PG backend plugin
> 		Conflicts: orthanc-sqlite
>
> Package orthanc could either Depends: on "orthanc-sqlite |
> orthanc-postgresql" in which case either of which would
> satisfy the dependency. If either is pre-installed or
> co-installed in this invocation of apt-get the other wouldn't
> get installed. Both cannot be co-installed at the same time
> due to the conflict. One _must_ be installed due to the
> Depends.

I have started the refactoring of the orthanc package according to this approach [1]. This is still work-in-progress, but I now face problem I am unable to fix by myself.

By moving orthanc.init into the newly created orthanc-sqlite package, I had to move "debian/orthanc.init" to "debian/orthanc-sqlite.init". In turn, after installation, this renames "/etc/init.d/orthanc.init" as "/etc/init.d/orthanc-sqlite.init". But, the Orthanc service should still be called "/etc/init.d/orthanc.init", as there is only one Orthanc back-end that can be active at a given time (cf. the Conflicts).

I have tried playing with "override_dh_installinit" [2] to force the "orthanc.init" name, but with no success.

Could someone give me a hint about how to achieve this?

TIA,
Sébastien-

[1] http://anonscm.debian.org/viewvc/debian-med?view=revision&revision=18901
[2] http://anonscm.debian.org/viewvc/debian-med/trunk/packages/orthanc/trunk/debian/rules?view=markup&pathrev=18901