Re: [MoM] Packaging OpenSurgSim

Hi Paul,

On Mon, Mar 02, 2015 at 08:51:51AM -0500, Paul Novotny wrote:

> I am also very happy about my experience with the MoM. Getting helpful
> feedback, almost immediately, kept me going quite easily. Thank you for
> that.

You are welcome.

> I got a message from FTP masters about the OpenSurgSim package, does
> this mean you reviewed it and moved it along?

You mean

   https://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/debian-med-packaging/2015-February/031518.html

?  That's the normal message you get for new packages.  Depending from
the length of new queue and the time ftpmaster has to process all these
data it takes some time until the package will be integrated into
Debian.  In some cases ftpmaster is requesting additional information /
clarification of copyright.  To my experience in the last time it takes
about 2-3 weeks (but this can vary).

> Finally, I would like to stay involved with debian-med, to keep
> OpenSurgSim (and yaml-cpp) up to date and help out where I can.  Would
> you consider being an advocate for me? I would like to apply to be a
> Debian Maintainer [1], if you think this is appropriate.

Finally MoM has the explicite goal to gather new maintainers for the
team.  So the answer is yes.

Thanks for your work on OpenSurgSim