Re: Is Churchill revolutionary?

On Thu, Feb 12, 2015 at 11:36:40AM +0100, Roland Fehrenbacher wrote:

>     Andreas> Hi, On Wed, Feb 11, 2015 at 11:24:35AM -0600, Scott
>     Andreas> Christley wrote:
>
>     >> These are essentially data-parallel solutions. What I’ve found is
>     >> that most of these workflows utilizing existing software,
>     >> e.g. BWA for alignment and GATK for variant calling, ...
>
>     Andreas> Anybody interested in packaging GATK
>
>     Andreas>    https://github.com/broadgsa/gatk
>
> Not sure whether their licensing permits redistribution within Debian.
> Check https://github.com/broadgsa/gatk/tree/master/licensing

Without checking I was assuming we are free to distribute the public
part which should be covered by

   https://github.com/broadgsa/gatk/blob/master/licensing/public_license.txt

I admit I have not checked all details but if there is some vital
interest by some team members we could try to negotiate with the
authors.