Re: Is Churchill revolutionary?

On Wed, 2015-02-11 at 17:31 +0000, Jorge Sebastião Soares wrote:
> Hey,
>
> Maybe this is one more of those articles that have been published
> lately with the intent to verify the attention reviewers and journals
> pay to submissions:
I don't think so, the paper appears in a BMC journal, and so far all
review I got from other journals from this publisher were quite
thorough. Besides, they really applied for a patent for the method:

http://www.google.com/patents/US20130311106

I skimmed the paper, and what they claim is that they found a
parallelization strategy that gives close to optimal scaling which
really seems to make a difference when using *lots* of processors. It's
not my field of work, so I can't comment on the details.

Best
Gert