Re: aghermann-1.0.3, reproducible builds

On Tue, 3 Feb 2015 19:01:58 -0500
Yaroslav Halchenko <debian@onerussian.com> wrote:

> On Tue, 03 Feb 2015, andrei zavada wrote:
>
> > Hi Yaroslav,
>
> > I see some red ink appearing on my QA page, this time suggesting to avoid
> > using __DATE__ and __TIME__ macros in order to ensure reproducible builds:
> > https://wiki.debian.org/ReproducibleBuilds/TimestampsFromCPPMacros.
>
> > To address this, I have made appropriate changes to aghermann, resulting
> > in version 1.0.3-1, which is right here for you to kindly sponsor upload:
> > http://johnhommer.com/academic/code/aghermann/source/deb/aghermann_1.0.3-1.dsc.
>
> well -- if you want to upload to unstable with purpose of propagating to
> jessie -- clarify with debian-release if they would allow this change
> in.
>
> Otherwise change changelog release to experimental

Good catch. Fixed.  Please try again with the same link.

> > (The other package, cnrun, in the current version (2.0.1-1) awaiting
> > admission to unstable, is good wrt this issue, so there's nothing to be
> > done there.)
>
> neurodebian package has been awaiting in NEW queue already for nearly a
> record -- 6 months, and that is after addressing ftpmaster's
> concerns... but what kind of admission are you talking about for cnrun?
> I see nothing in NEW and for new upload -- should go to experimental as
> well

With cnrun, the FTBFS problem exists in the previous version (1.1.14, which
has been in testing since long ago).  The current version of cnrun (2.0.1)
has no __DATE__ or __TIME__ macros, does not need to be fixed, and is
already in experimental, in the NEW queue awaiting admission to unstable.
Sorry for not being quite clear about this non-issue :}