Re: insighttoolkit4 backport on wheezy 32bit -- 2 tests failures

Hi,

About the failing tests: The test

   itkTIFFImageIOCompression_RGBTestImageJPEG_JPEG

also fails on wheezy amd64. The error

  "TIFFImageIO: error out of disk space"

is nonsense though, this is the default ITK response to a failing
TIFFWriteScanline. The real error message is sent to TIFFError and is
printed out to stderr. I guess the relevant output is

  "JPEGLib: Bogus input colorspace."

which would support the assumption that this is a problem with the
libtiff version.

Considering this, one could indeed disable this test but then one should
probably also disable the corresponding functionality.

The other error message I didn't see on amd64, and I will see if I can
do a recompile on i386.

> > would you mind adding a direct dependency to insighttoolkit4 package's control?

Actually, it is currently not possible - libvtk5-dev is required
depends on libtiff4-dev.

Considering that the transition to libvtk6-dev is pending in sid, it
might become necessary to also backport this one, and since libvtk6-dev
also depends on libtiff-dev, it should be possible to forced it to use
libtiff5-dev on wheezy. I'm not sure whether itk is already vtk6 ready
though.

Best
Gert