Re: readseq2 upstream unresponsive

On Thu, Feb 20, 2014 at 07:46:15PM +0100, Thorsten Alteholz wrote:

> rez/readseq.css -> not distributable
>  * This software is the confidential and proprietary information
>  * of Sun Microsystems, Inc. ("Confidential Information").  You
>  * shall not disclose such Confidential Information and shall use
>  * it only in accordance with the terms of the license agreement
>  * you entered into with Sun.

Huh, a non-distributable *.css file???
Seems pretty simple to just remove it and live with the bad rendering ...

> >There is still however a big issue is they include some code from an other
> >source, with author indication but no license information about it. So we
> >do not know under which license is this part of code.
>
> In this case the author could be asked.

I think Olivier did this.

> >This may be a definitive stop from being in Debian (even non-free), right ?
>
> The software must be at least distributable. In case there is no
> license, every author has to agree by other means.

May be we should start another round of nagging them.  I think a copy
to this list does not harm - sometimes it is nice to simply BCC the
authors to not uncover their addres to spammers.