Re: Tasks bio-* are unmaintained

Hi Steffen,

On Mon, Feb 10, 2014 at 10:14:47AM +0100, "Steffen Möller" wrote:
> > nobody is really maintaining these tasks files.  They are only displayed
> > in the web sentinel and no metapackages are created but IMHO we are
> > doing more bad than harm when attracting users to an incomplete web page
> > which is not maintained and is lacking several new packages.  So either
> > there is some volunteer who might inspect the available packages in the
> > main bio task and injects the packages into the subcategories or I would
> > like to remove the tasks from the web sentinel.
>
> I tend to opt for their removal.

OK.

> Would you think it is feasible to have such lists auto-generated from
> the DebTags?

I admit when writing my initial mail DebTags somehow flashed through my
mind and yes, it is definitely feasible - specifically since Debian
Games team was starting to build tasks files using DebTags last week.

However, this means we reall need to *maintain* DebTags ... which we do
not to a reasonable extend (the all these yellow buttins saying

 "Go tagging"

on our tasks page.  So, yes, we can, but this just shifts the work to a
different interface.