Re: ncbi blast+ compilation error

Hi,
just to let you know that your patch updates are fine and I could build the package
There is still an issue I need to fix about embedded libraries (bzip2 and pcre3) and I should be able to push to experimental (waiting for en d of freeze).

Thanks again

Olivier

Le Wed Dec 03 2014 at 6:37:04 AM, Aaron M. Ucko <ucko@debian.org> a écrit :
olivier sallou <olivier.sallou@gmail.com> writes:

> I have updated patches to the new version of blast+, however I have a
> compilation error.

Thanks for working on packaging the latest release!  I was able to get
the build to complete by means of two additions to
debian/patches/fix_lib_deps:

* src/build-system/library_relations.txt: Change xblast's relation to
  blast from includes to needs, per preexisting changes necessary to
  avoid a circular dependency between xblast and xalgoblastdbindex.

* src/objtools/data_loaders/genbank/Makefile.ncbi_xloader_genbank.lib:
  Add missing DLL_DLIB entries.

NB: The latter change requires reinstating the use of Makefile.flat,
which my system had no trouble producing.  However, my usual build
environment is anything but minimal, and I've been having some trouble
recreating a new minimal environment in which to investigate your
earlier report.  If you're still having trouble producing Makefile.flat,
please send your build log.

I'm attaching the version of fix_lib_deps that works for me.

http://www.mit.edu/~amu/ | http://stuff.mit.edu/cgi/finger/?amu@monk.mit.edu