Re: [python-pysam] - 4 packages built and all lintian clean

Hi Andreas,

Thanks for having a look.
I'm fixing them now.

Welcome back.

Jorge

On Sun, Dec 7, 2014 at 6:09 AM, Andreas Tille <andreas@an3as.eu> wrote:
Hi Jorge,

I had a quick look and did some cleanups (like removing
debian/patches.old and droping some changelog entry tagged UNRELEASED in
favour of taking over the changes to the current paragraph.  Could you
please add the Fields Author and Last-Updated to the current
debian/patches.  This is IMHO the minimum DEP3 field set we should
provide.

Please also make sure that you mention all packaging changes in
debian/changelog.  I added the missing "provide python3-pysam" which was
obvious to me but I'm not sure whether these were all relevant changes.
We should maintain this field properly since it is also a hint for users
who will not checkout our packaging VCS to browse the changes there.

Finally I found several lintian infos (lintian -i -I):

I: python-pysam source: wildcard-matches-nothing-in-dep5-copyright samtools/khash.h (paragraph at line 10)
N:
N:    The wildcard that was specified matches no file in the source tree. This
N:    either indicates that you should fix the wildcard so that it matches the
N:    intended file or that you can remove the wildcard. Notice that in
N:    contrast to shell globs, the "*" (star or asterisk) matches slashes and
N:    leading dots.
N:
N:    Refer to
N:    https://www.debian.org/doc/packaging-manuals/copyright-format/1.0/ for
N:    details.
N:
N:    Severity: minor, Certainty: possible
N:
N:    Check: source-copyright, Type: source
N:
I: python-pysam source: wildcard-matches-nothing-in-dep5-copyright samtools/kseq.h (paragraph at line 10)
I: python-pysam source: wildcard-matches-nothing-in-dep5-copyright tabix/tabix.h (paragraph at line 18)
I: python-pysam source: wildcard-matches-nothing-in-dep5-copyright samtools/bcftools/bcf.h (paragraph at line 22)
I: python-pysam source: wildcard-matches-nothing-in-dep5-copyright samtools/bgzf.c.pysam.c (paragraph at line 26)
I: python-pysam source: wildcard-matches-nothing-in-dep5-copyright samtools/bgzf.h (paragraph at line 26)
I: python-pysam source: wildcard-matches-nothing-in-dep5-copyright tabix/bgzf.c.pysam.c (paragraph at line 26)
I: python-pysam source: wildcard-matches-nothing-in-dep5-copyright tabix/bgzf.h (paragraph at line 26)
I: python-pysam source: wildcard-matches-nothing-in-dep5-copyright samtools/knetfile.c.pysam.c (paragraph at line 26)
I: python-pysam source: wildcard-matches-nothing-in-dep5-copyright tabix/bgzip.c.pysam.c (paragraph at line 31)
I: python-pysam source: wildcard-matches-nothing-in-dep5-copyright samtools/razf.c.pysam.c (paragraph at line 35)
I: python-pysam source: wildcard-matches-nothing-in-dep5-copyright samtools/razf.h (paragraph at line 35)
I: python-pysam source: unused-file-paragraph-in-dep5-copyright paragraph at line 10
N:
N:    The Files paragraph in debian/copyright is superfluous as it is never
N:    used to match any files. You should be able to safely remove it.
N:
N:    Refer to
N:    https://www.debian.org/doc/packaging-manuals/copyright-format/1.0/ for
N:    details.
N:
N:    Severity: minor, Certainty: possible
N:
N:    Check: source-copyright, Type: source
N:
I: python-pysam source: unused-file-paragraph-in-dep5-copyright paragraph at line 18
I: python-pysam source: unused-file-paragraph-in-dep5-copyright paragraph at line 22
I: python-pysam source: unused-file-paragraph-in-dep5-copyright paragraph at line 26
I: python-pysam source: unused-file-paragraph-in-dep5-copyright paragraph at line 31
I: python-pysam source: unused-file-paragraph-in-dep5-copyright paragraph at line 35

Could you please check these.