Re: Please help: failed build of plastimatch 1.5.16+dfsg-2 for several architectures

Hello Martin,

On Sun, 23 Nov 2014 10:23:22 +0100
Martin Steghöfer <martin@steghoefer.eu> wrote:
> Gregory Sharp wrote:
> >> Thanks.  Please make sure that also the bug-closing magic will be done
> >> properly to ensure that plastimatch will not be auto-rejected at some
> >> point in time
> > Is there anything that needs to be done for plastimatch itself?
> >
> > It got a new bug report due to the build failure:
> > https://bugs.debian.org/769975 Therefore it is ok I should just close it?
>
> The original FTBFS issue #768769 seems to be solved (at least judging
> from local tests) and therefore can stay closed.
>
> The new FTBFS issue #769975, however, isn't yet fixed and IMHO should
> therefore stay open for now (even if it's not plastimatch's "fault").
> Judging from the message [1], I thought that the necessary binNMU for
> ITK3 was already requested, but I can't find any reference about it in
> [2]. So someone should request the binNMU for ITK3 (like described in
> [3]), mentioning bug #769975 (so it becomes clear what broke and the
> issue can be closed automatically after rebuild) as well as the analysis
> of the problem posted in [4].
>
> As you were asking, if something needs to be done, maybe you volunteer
> to do it? I don't have much time right now myself (and no experience
> with binNMUs either), sorry.

This is very helpful.  Exactly the advice I was seeking!
Slowly the process is starting to make sense.

I have requested the binNMU for insighttoolkit.
(Strangely I didn't get a return email from reportbug.
Maybe it is in the queue.  Or maybe I made a mistake.
We'll see...)

Once the binNMU is successful, it seems a "give-back"
on plastimatch is needed.

Thank you,
Greg