[iva] - Python 3 code depends on pysam

Hi all,

I started packaging iva - Iterative Virus Assembler

Upstream - https://github.com/sanger-pathogens/iva
Debian - http://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/debian-med/iva.git/

The package has several dependencies, but I seem to have stumbled into an annoying one.

iva depends on Pysam. But iva is Python3 code.
It seems to me that there is no python3-pysam package in Debian.

vagrant@debian:~$ apt-cache search pysam
python-pysam - interface for the SAM/BAM sequence alignment and mapping format
python-pysam-tests - interface for the SAM/BAM sequence alignment and mapping format (test data)
python-pysaml2 - SAML Version 2 to be used in a WSGI environment - Python 2.x
python-pysaml2-doc - SAML Version 2 to be used in a WSGI environment - doc

Looking further into python-pysam:

vagrant@debian:~$ aptitude show python-pysam
Package: python-pysam
State: not installed
Version: 0.7.7-1
 Pysam is a Python module for reading and manipulating Samfiles. It's a lightweight wrapper of the samtools C-API.
Homepage: https://github.com/pysam-developers/pysam

Does anyone know if python3-pysam will be available soon?
Or if there are any plans to have it as a Debian package at all?

Kind regards,

Jorge