Re: CamiTK 3.4.0 packaging

Hi Emmanuel,

On Tue, Oct 28, 2014 at 09:49:31PM +0100, Emmanuel Promayon wrote:
> Nicolas and I worked on packaging the new CamiTK release (3.4.0).
>
> We are hoping this version could be in testing before the jessie
> freeze deadline.

Hmmm, we are finally past this point in time since testing migration
takes currently 10 days ... which will be past 5th November.  There
is an option to ask release team for a 5 days time span - but you
need good reasons for this.

> This CamiTK release has a much better test suite
> (with over 190 integration tests), which improves the QA compared to
> the previous release. All tests are now enabled in d/rules.

This would be a quite good reason.

> We have a question: following a warning from lintian ("camitk
> source: out-of-date-standards-version 3.9.5 (current is 3.9.6)"),
> and after checking [1], we updated the control files to
> standards-version 3.9.6.
> Was this a good idea?

Definitely.  This is exactly what lintian wants to tell you.

> For the rest, lintian is always your friend! A few overrides that
> were unused were dismiss, and we removed all patches as they were
> included upstream.
>
> Everything seems to be fine on our side (cowbuilder/sid was used to
> build the package and run lintian and lxc/adt was used to run the
> continuous integration test).
>
> If you think that everything is fine as well with this packaging,
> would you please consider uploading it?

I'll check and upload.  It would be great if you could describe your
reasons why you consider version 3.4.0 in Jessie as very important in
more detail to convince the release team.

> Thanks again to you and all the team, it seems that the heat is on
> before the next freeze!

Yes.

Thanks for your preparation