Re: Error while loading shared libraries

On Wed, Oct 08, 2014 at 05:23:40PM +0200, Corentin Desfarges wrote:
> >(OK, libcamp0.7-dev is not available from Debian mirrors - so we can
> >not test this thesis easily without setting up a private mirror).
>
> I changed this. I use an local apt repository, but I didn't succeed to
> use it with pdebuild.

What exactly went wrong?

> >Regarding the description of the package:  The short description should
> >form a reasonable sentence if you do
> >  <name_of_package> is a <short_description>.
> >In your case this would result in
> >  fw4spl is a It is a component-oriented architecture..
> >I gues you notice that this does not make any sense. ;-)
>
> Yes I do. I tried to change it, to be more precise.

Looks better. :-)

> >Regarding the long description for me as an outsider it would open more
> >question that it tries to answer.  Please be more verbose and try to
> >avoid things like "for now".  The user is actually interested in the
> >functionality of the software as it is uploaded and how he can use it.
>
> I had simply copied the fw4spl description from its official repository,
> but I understand what you said. I'll speak with the developers team about
> it, to be sure to be the most explicit as possible.
>
> Now, running lintian, I get this output :
>   E: fw4spl source: source-is-missingApps/VRRender/doc/source/_static/jquery.js  <http://Apps/VRRender/doc/source/_static/jquery.js>

You should strip this file from the source tarball - preferably by using
Files-Excluded in debian/copyright and let uscan do its work.  By using
dh-linktree you can link against the Debian packaged jquery.  As an
example you can have a look for instance into

    apt-get source gnumed-client

>   W: fw4spl source: changelog-should-mention-nmu
>   W: fw4spl source: source-nmu-has-incorrect-version-number 0.9.2-1

This is because you have choosen a different string in Uploaders than in
your changelog entry.

>   W: fw4spl source: newer-standards-version 3.9.6 (current is 3.9.5)

False positive.

>   W: fw4spl: binary-without-manpage usr/bin/launcher
>   W: fw4spl: binary-without-manpage usr/bin/launcher-0.1

Perhaps you might consider help2man to create a manpage ...

>   W: fw4spl: postinst-has-useless-call-to-ldconfig
>   W: fw4spl: postrm-has-useless-call-to-ldconfig

Sometimes this is strange.  I have not build the package and would
have a look later once you have solved the other issues and perhaps
libcamp will be available.

>   Finished running lintian.
>
> I think my inital problem (Error while loading shared libraries) doesn't
> come from here...
>
> I'm working on the Lintian's errors and warnings, but my priority is to
> understand why my binary file can't found the shared libraries, as explain
> in my first post, and to fix it.

Well, the ldconfig issue could be perfectly related.

> Have you any idea about it ?

Hmmm, I have another problem with libcamp which to my shame as your
mentor is not installable.  The control file says:

Package: libcamp0.7-dev
Architecture: any
Section: libdevel
Depends: camp,

but there is no such package named camp but only libcamp0.7.  So how did
you installed libcamp0.7-dev without beeing able to fullfill the
dependency?  I admit I did not followed good practice requirements
before uploading since I would have noticed this.  So we really need
to fix this and re-upload to new.  We might point ftpmaster to the fact
that we will not again be the last in the queue.

Since I have my share on this trouble I'll volunteer to implement
d-shlibs which automagically prevents you from doing things like this
wrongly.  Is this OK for you?