Re: Error while loading shared libraries

Hi Corentin,

On Mon, Oct 06, 2014 at 04:51:10PM +0200, Corentin Desfarges wrote:
> >it might be sensible if you commit your work to a repository to let
> >others have a look.  Otherwise its hard to do some speculation.
>
> You're right. I didn't committed my work before because the Git repository
> of fw4spl wasn't ready. But now it is, and I've just pushed my package
> on Alioth [1].

I have done some changes (please `git pull`).  Some formal things let me
assume that you did not used

  svn export svn://anonscm.debian.org/svn/debian-med/trunk/package_template debian

to create the initial debian/ dir as advised in the Debian Med policy
document.  For instance you did not set the Debian Med team as
maintainer.  I changed this.  I also noticed that I missed this bit in
the libcamp packaging - you can blame my weak checking for not noticing
it. ;-)  While there is no real harm done we should change this in the
next upload since it simply enables other team members to become
involved.  So all our packages should have this setting.

I also fixed the VCS fields in fw4spl (which were commented pointers to
collab-maint).  Please make sure that you properly set those fields next
time since several tools are accessing this information.

Besides these formal things I stumbled upon the
  Build-Depends: libcamp0.7
We always need to Build-Depend from *-dev packages.  Without having
tested the build myself I'd bet it would fail in a pbuilder environment
(OK, libcamp0.7-dev is not available from Debian mirrors - so we can
not test this thesis easily without setting up a private mirror).

BTW, I'm not sure whether the decision to name the devel package
libcmap0.7-dev rather than libcamp-dev.

Regarding the description of the package:  The short description should
form a reasonable sentence if you do

   <name_of_package> is a <short_description>.

In your case this would result in

   fw4spl is a It is a component-oriented architecture..

I gues you notice that this does not make any sense. ;-)

Regarding the long description for me as an outsider it would open more
question that it tries to answer.  Please be more verbose and try to
avoid things like "for now".  The user is actually interested in the
functionality of the software as it is uploaded and how he can use it.

Please try to enhance the description according to these hints.