Re: Update branches on Alioth

Hi Corentin,

On Tue, Oct 07, 2014 at 04:21:29PM +0200, Corentin Desfarges wrote:
> I suppose that I've made something wrong. After have seen that the
> source on my Alioth repository [1] was wrong (different of those on
> my Github repository), I've pushed on the master branch a new
> version of these files. But I don't know how to update the two other
> branches (upstream and pristine-tar), and if this error could have
> any impact on my future work.

Well, as Debian Policy suggest you should update upstream and
pristine-tar

   git import-orig --pristine-tar <path_to_upstream_tar>

As far as I can see you rather updated the single files in master.  The
usual way to do the *Debian packaging* is that master contains upstream
(as imported from the tarball) and the debian/ dir.  Charles has added
another method to clone an upstream repository and also added some
documentation.  I *personally* have no experience with this way and can
not help you here since I do not use this method.

If you want my (personall) recommendation I would revert the latest
commit and go the import-orig way above.  Otherwise Charles might give a
hint how to proceede from here.

> Thank you for your help and sorry...

No problem.  Only those who do nothing will not make any mistakes. ;-)