Re: Preventing disease ebola virus.

Hello Sebastian,

Thank you for these informations.

The temperature will be collected in the field (villages) usually without Internet and electricity. This is the reason for the choice of lightweight terminals (eg tablet) and sends information via SMS to the server. The application on the shelf is not available.

I am creating a project to develop this application. I invite everyone for the contribution and success of this project.

Thank you,
Aboubacar Fode

Hi,

Am Mittwoch, 17. September 2014, 16:45:50 schrieb camara:

> So, people who may be infected with the virus are informed and are advised
> to go to a center Ebola. Health services can be connected to the
> application and have real-time information on risk areas. They may decide
> to open a treatment center in the area or nearby

The idea is clear. I cannot believe there is no such application yet.

> The application contain three parts:
>
> 1. The server :
>
> Hosted and centralizes all information collected temperatures. Analyzes the
> temperature and detects if there is a risk or not for a person. Represents
> positive cases on the map

A prototype for this can be coded in a matter of days by an experienced web
developer. I wonder Openstreetmap has sufficient data for this.

> 2.Terminals with IR thermometer  :
>
> Tablet or Rasbery that is connected to an IR thermometer. It detects the
> temperature and sends it to the server via SMS. He received the diagnosis
> result via SMS or Internet.

I assume the temperature readings will be collected in the field ? or in a
hospital ? Is the application that would be running on the rasberry or tablet
already available ?

> 3 Monitoring:
> It is any terminals (PC, laptop, smartphone, tablet ...). It oversees
> Results and declence an alarm if the positive cases.

I am not aware of any application that does what you are after. However given
some ressources I am sure a prototype can be coded in a matter of days.

On a side note. A few years back we had a prototype in GNUmed where an older
Nokia phone received an SMS (for weight and blood pressure) and a software
listening on a connected computer put this information into the patient
record.

Today I would even evaluate a smartphone with GPS. An app would get the GPS
position, fill a template SMS (manually entered temperature) and send the SMS

I admit I have not thought through how to power the "smartphone" in the field.
I guess attaching the charger everyday is not an option.

Sebastian