Re: [MoM] Packaging Camp for Debian

Hi Andreas,

This answers the question "from where" but not "how".  In "To create a
new local git repository" in our policy[1] it is recommended to do
svn export svn://anonscm.debian.org/svn/debian-med/trunk/package_template debian
I always start with editing the debian/watch file from there and adapt
it to the upstream location (here Github release).  Once you adapted>
the debian/watch file to
version=3
https://github.com/greenjava/camp/releases  .*/archive/(\d[\d.-]+)\.(?:tar(?:\.gz|\.bz2)?|tgz)
(untested, but should work)  The "how to download" answer is simply:
uscan --verbose --force-download
This is beating two birds with one stone:  You *test* the d/watch file
and *do* the download.  Easy, isn't it?

Yes it is. I was a bit slow to understand, but this time, I've understood.

>>And first, does this repository already exist ? Because I can't
>>clone it for now, and I don't see it anywhere...
>This repository does not yet exist ... I just "invented" this string for
>the moment. :-)

Fine! Is it to me to create it ? (When I will be in the team)

I could do it but I think it is better if you follow the steps described
in the Debian Med policy (browse [1] a bit down for 'setup-repository').
Its easy, be bold, just do it. :-)

Indeed, it wasn't too hard. ;)

Hmmm, I'm not sure what you really mean.  Is there any problem with
the code you can download from
https://github.com/greenjava/camp/releases
If no, just use it.  If yes, what exactly is the problem and what do
you mean be 'fork'?

No there is no problem. If a problem happened in the future, it will be fix with a patch from debian/patches/*, right ?
I've just push what I've done, can you have a look on it ?

Thank you!

Corentin