Re: [MoM] Re: Packing of Fw4spl

Hi Corentin,

On Fri, Aug 22, 2014 at 04:28:06PM +0200, Corentin Desfarges wrote:
> Thank you for all these informations. Hm, I just spoke with a fw4spl
> responsible, and he told me to concentrated me on the packing of
> Camp, because the dependencies with VXL could be remove from
> fw4spl...
>
> But to train me, I would like succeed to apply what you've just
> explained to me.

Sounds good since I consider it worth the effort to keep the package
inside Debian.

> >I think the simplest workflow would be:
> >    apt-get source vxl
>
> Already here, I meet a problem... On Jessie, I get a message which
> tell me that it's impossible to find a source of package for vxl.

You probably don't have experimental deb-src line in your sources.list.
I have set on my system

$ cat /etc/apt/sources.list.d/10-debsrc.list
deb-src http://http.debian.net/debian/ unstable main contrib non-free
deb-src http://http.debian.net/debian/ experimental main

deb-src http://security.debian.org/ testing/updates main contrib non-free

> It
> seems me logical, so I wanted to use the files found on
> https://packages.debian.org/experimental/amd64/libvxl1-dev. But is
> it the same thing ?

Yes, it is.

> >However, currently there are changes in SVN available which I wanted
> >you to check:
> >svn checkout svn+ssh://svn.debian.org/svn/debian-med/trunk/packages/vxl
>
> Should I just check the changes or do I use this file ?

Yes.  SVN contains my last changes which should be used.

> In this
> case, where do I run the svn command ?

At some place at your convinience - just to fetch the debian/ dir.

> I've run
>     dpkg-source -x *.dsc
>
> Then I've add the same line as you in the d/copyright to delete the
> directory with the js files,

Well, simply adding the Files-Excluded does remove nothing.  You need to
*recreate* the tarball as I wrote in my previous mail.  Can you please
confirm that you have recreated the source tarball and that it does not
contain the JS files any more?