Re: Igv depending on netbeans??

Hi Tony,

On Thu, Aug 14, 2014 at 06:30:52PM +0100, Tony Travis wrote:
> The stand-alone version I'm using is 2.3.20 but the version in the
> Ubuntu multiverse repo used by Bio-Linux is 2.3.14:

Hmmm, there's an easy explanation why Ubuntu / Bio-Linux / Debian only
have 2.3.14:  The source was moved to guthub but nobody noticed.  And
to say the truth I know who is responsible for this:  You are since
you failed in firing up

    reportbug igv
    "new version available"

;-)

Tony, please, if you notice in the future that your favourite
distribution is lagging behind upstream just tell them.  We are really
interested in keeping things up to date but we can not without the help
of our users in case automatic sentinels fails since it is watching the
wrong location.

> > root@wildcat:~# apt-cache policy igv
> > igv:
> >   Installed: (none)
> >   Candidate: 2.3.14+dfsg-2
> >   Version table:
> >      2.3.14+dfsg-2 0
> >         500 http://gb.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ trusty/multiverse amd64 Packages
>
> We were having problems with the packaged version, so I installed the
> stand-alone version to see if that was any better. I think the problems
> are because I'm running it in a remote terminal session under "x2go".

Could you please check the problem on a local computer?

> I encountered problems with the packaged version of IGV: One is that
> menus can't be used if IGV is displayed spanning two monitors. The menus
> appear, but disappear as soon as you try to click on them. The other
> problem is that the menu's are cut off at the bottom edge of the IGV
> window (i.e. not repositioned so the entire menu is visible). This makes
> it difficult to delete tracks because that option is hidden at the
> bottom of the menu. The stand-alone version has the same problem.

Could you also please be so kind to install the packaged version and
file a bug report about this.  We really want to support all our users
but if we are lacking responses like this we simply have no chance to
fix the packages.  It might (or might not) be related to the replacement
of some IGV bundled JARs by Debian's own packaged versions.

Kind regards and looking forward to see more bug reports from you