Re: Igv depending on netbeans??

Hi Tony,

On Thu, Aug 14, 2014 at 03:18:12PM +0100, Tony Travis wrote:

> I'm running a (manually installed) stand-alone IGV using OpenJDK
>
> > root@wildcat:/usr/local/IGV# java -version
> > java version "1.7.0_55"
> > OpenJDK Runtime Environment (IcedTea 2.4.7) (7u55-2.4.7-1ubuntu1)
> > OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM (build 24.51-b03, mixed mode)
>
> The executable Jar contains these netbeans classes:
>
> > root@wildcat:/usr/local/IGV# jar tf igv.jar | fgrep netbeans
> > org/netbeans/
> > org/netbeans/lib/
> > org/netbeans/lib/awtextra/
> > org/netbeans/lib/awtextra/AbsoluteConstraints.class
> > org/netbeans/lib/awtextra/AbsoluteLayout.class

This is not the case for the Debian packaged igv:

$ jar tf /usr/share/java/igv.jar | fgrep netbeans
$

Thanks for the hint anyway.

Just for the sake of interest:  Is there any specific reason for
manually installing things we have packages for?  I think it would be
better if more people are testing our packages (and report problems)
rather than installing the software we are working for to /usr/local.