Re: Status of uw-prism packaging for Debian

Hi Andreas,

Thanks for your continued interest. I actually have some time and energy to work on this now. Building an executable from source in Common Lisp is very different from C or other compiled-only languages. "Make" is not applicable. It will have Lisp implementation dependencies, so the build for CMUCL will be different from CLISP and they will yet be different from ACL. Truth is that right now I only know how to build an executable in ACL but will look into the others. I will also need to know what the structure of a Debian package is. I have an old book, "The Debian System", that should help as an orientation.

Is there a quick tutorial on the Debian packaging mechanism to help me get started? Might be quicker than reading the book.

Best regards,

Ira