Re: Debian package of OpenBUGS : issue with license of libOpenBUGS.so

Hi Dylan,

On Tue, Jun 24, 2014 at 08:11:46AM +0200, Dylan wrote:

> > Hmmm, well, that's probably possible but not nice in any case.  You
> > should definitely teach upstream to use FreePascal and explicitly ask for
> > permission to distribute the binary (and add this to the copyright file).
> >

> If you agree, I will continue to work on non-free package and I will ask
> upstream permission to distribute the binary. On the other hand, I will try
> to find a way to compile libOpenBUGS.so on Linux to transfer the package
> from non-free to main repository.

Finally it is not me who needs to agree but rather ftpmaster who needs
to accept the package in non-free, but yes, I have no better alternative
plan and you might follow this track.  In any case you should be aware
that it might happen that ftpmaster refuses the non-free package - I
do not have any personal experience with this.

I will try it. :-)