Re: [MoM] Update on packaging of OpenEMR

> On Sun, Jun 22, 2014 at 10:13:39PM -0700, Ian Wallace wrote:
>> Sounds like I'll be spending a few
>> months wading through upgrades and submitting patches upstream to bring
>> them all up to the 1.7.2 version that is supplied with Debian.
>
> That's very welcome and really brave but I guess also upstream will
> welcome if you are doing  this.

This is an excellent example were good working relationships between
upstream and distributions is beneficial to everybody. Not using
multiple older versions of library (which have a number of
bugs/security issues that have already been fixed in later versions)
is good for all users, and makes it easier for upstream to migrate all
their code base to a newer library version at once when needed,
instead of having to check compatibility of multiple versions at once.

Good work Ian, keep on!
   +Emilien