Re: New in the team

Hi Steffen, Tony,

On 04/26/2014 09:47 PM, "Steffen Möller" wrote:
Hi Navid,
I am Navid Fehrenbacher from Q-Leap Networks and I just
joined the Debian Med team. I'm doing a 3-year
apprenticeship at Q-Leap in software development
(currently 1st year) and have started with the
backporting of DebianMed packages.

Eventually I want to maintain one or more DebianMed
packages of the list, that Q-Leap communicated to take
over. Currently I'm still a beginner in Debian packaging,
but with this list and here at Q-Leap I have good
resources to learn from.
Welcome, great to know you around. All the science and
software aside, and as my very personal priority, there are
the people behind all those packages. I am very confident
that via this list and in direct reaction to your packages,
you will find ample of opportunities to exchange thoughts
and skills with friendly folks from all over the world.
first of all thanks a lot for the friendly welcome.
So, beyond the actual work you are doing, once you have
developed some routine, I would be very curious to hear
about how your peers (and teachers) from the school's side
of your (if I got this right) dual education (a concept
not known in other countries but the default for learning
any profession over here) are reacting to your Debian
experience.
Unfortunately my peers are all working with Windows except one.
I will ask him whether he knows about Debian packaging and
what he thinks about it. Who knows, maybe after that conversation
we have one more guy in the team. I will let you
know about the reactions and when I need some help.
Please ping me/us f there is something that I/the list shall
do to help you or that you think that should be changed to
have Debian Med more accessible to those entering their
professional life. There is little chance that we can
see those many little hurdles ourselves.
Thanks a lot.
BTW: Our teaching language is C# :'( , but at Q-Leap I'm
transforming everything learned into Python 3 :-) .
Best,
Navid
http://www.q-leap.com /  http://qlustar.com