Re: SPAdes for Debian

>> 1. spades.py --test
>> 2. spades.py --iontorrent --test
>> 3. dipspades.py --test
>>
>> Probably you need only to look that it finishes w/o problems and the
>> final contigs file contains a single contig.
>
> Could you turn this result somehow into code that returns some true or
> false?
We will see what can be done here. Right now there will be non-zero
return code in case of any crash. But we'll also check the results.

Here it is: https://github.com/iontorrent/bamtools

>  For sure we would
> like to package the most useful version.  Any chance that the bamtools
> authors might adopt any relevant changes.  What would you recommend to use for a Debian package?
Well, I do not know all the differences, in fact. We prefer to use
IonTorrent version because we know it's used in TorrentSuite and we
tend to play safe wrt (possible) incompatibilities :)

--
With best regards, Anton Korobeynikov