Re: Presentation of Debian Med on local Next Generation Sequencing workshop (April)

Hi Steffen,

On Tue, Mar 18, 2014 at 04:44:54PM +0100, "Steffen Möller" wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I was invited to a local (Northern Germany) workshop on next generation
> sequencing
>   https://sites.google.com/site/nexgenseqmv/home/workshop

Hmmm, 15min is not much...

Well, all my presentations are online at

   http://people.debian.org/~tille/talks/

Feel free to sneak into ideas.  To explain *very* quickly what Debian is
I usually use this slide

   http://people.debian.org/~tille/talks/20140315_chem/mentoring.pdf#55

meaning that we are creating a focus onto bio-medical software in the
large jungle of 30000 binary packages inside Debian.  This clarifies
that wie are *inside* Debian and that you can find *quickly* what you
are seeking for.

Scroling down a bit from there you find our regular team metrics graphs
which are available online as PNG and txt data (feel free to ping me for
a scalable PDF rendering script).  These graphs are showing who we are
and how we are growing.

In any case I would live demonstrate

   http://blends.debian.org/med/tasks/bio
and
   http://blends.debian.org/med/tasks/bio-dev

which is usually amazing people.

Finally I would stress the good connection to BioLinux which derives
from our work and also supports our work directly.

Good luck