Re: should google-glog be ok with libunwind7-dev? [Was: Orthanc 0.7.2 backport of wheezy]

On Thu, 13 Feb 2014, Sebastien Jodogne wrote:

> Hi,

> >Thanks to Daigo's -2 of glog with suggested tune up of build-depends,
> >I have uploaded backport build of orthanc for wheezy straight into
> >NeuroDebian wheezy just to give it a try...

> Fine! Could you give the link to the repository containing your backport?

d'oh -- I thought that we are that famous by now that I would not need
to type url all the time ;-)   neuro.debian.net

and here is orthanc's page now

http://neuro.debian.net/pkgs/orthanc.html

> Would it be possible for you to integrate this backport into the
> main Debian Med repository?

that was my point of tune ups in google-glog and now request for you to
avoid any "backport" patches altogether.  Then I could simply rebuild
the package for any Debian/Ubuntu release (with a new changelog entry,
added automagically ...)

> >initial catch was the re-located *.dic files provided by libdcmtk2
> >(under /usr/share/dcmtk in wheezy and /usr/share/libdcmtk2/ in sid now):
> >orthanc silently failed to start.  log msgs just finished with log lines
> >stating that it was "Loading the external DICOM dictionary" without any
> >failure/error msg following.

> This is very strange. Here is what I get when I use a bad path to
> the dictionaries, with Orthanc 0.7.2:

> jodogne@rth-l-0065:~/Subversion/Orthanc/Build$ ./Orthanc

that was in the logs orthanc produced while being started from init.d
script... may be the last ones you see here are no longer logged to file
but just dumped to console in case you just start in console?

> W0213 09:51:43.822284 10679 OrthancInitialization.cpp:82] Using the
> configuration from:
> /home/jodogne/Subversion/Orthanc/Resources/Configuration.json
> W0213 09:51:43.825232 10679 DicomServer.cpp:87] Loading the external
> DICOM dictionary "/usr/share/dcmtkeec/dicom.dic"
> E: DcmDataDictionary: Cannot open file: /usr/share/dcmtkeec/dicom.dic
> E0213 09:51:43.825423 10679 main.cpp:446] EXCEPTION [Internal error]
> W0213 09:51:43.825594 10679 main.cpp:457] Orthanc has stopped

> So, in my case, there is no silent failure.

> >Sebastien, do you think could you make discovery of the path 'automagic'
> >thus avoiding necessity to patch for the path?  probably the best it
> >could be achieved through  cmake's find_file looking under common
> >suspect paths (/usr/share/dcmtk /usr/share/libdcmtk2) if
> >DCMTK_DICTIONARY_DIR was not specified (and thus avoiding its hard-coded
> >specification in debian/rules)?

> Yes, certainly, this is an interesting suggestion! I have just added
> it to the roadmap [1].

cool

--
Yaroslav O. Halchenko, Ph.D.