Aw: Re: My report from Debian Med sprint 1.+2. February 2014 in Stonehaven

Hello,

> On Tue, Feb 04, 2014 at 12:15:16PM +0000, Tony Travis wrote:
> > Tim created a Google Doc to capture reports during the Sprint and said
> > he would publish it on the 2014 Debian-Med Sprint wiki page after minor
> > editorial changes, so people who object to using Google services can add
> > to it on MoinMoin. There is a link to the Google doc on the wiki:
> >
> > > https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Hf_Sw-2tet4PIT7Brrc3AC7MaRAReGrQS60OOWmPwS8/edit
>
> While this is totally correct I think the personal reports we have seen
> are a bit longish for the Wiki.  For the Debian funding of sprints it is
> essential to have these reports also sent to the debian-sprints mailing
> list ... and so we did.
>
> > Thanks to everyone who attended for making it such an enjoyable Sprint!
>
> Many thanks for organising and sponsoring.  Without your effort the sprint
> would not have been as enjoyable as it was.

Well done, indeed. Many thanks also from my side.

Now, I am not sure about what next year shall bring. The meeting should not
be any larger, I tend to think. At the same time, I'd wish more people to come.
A dilemma.

We could bring it closer to the original idea of a Sprint and indeed focus
all more on the same problem, maybe then having more such meetings with
different subsets of ourselves. What we are having since the very first
Sprint is more like small mini-debconf with many diverse topics - and I
like it this way. It was more of a meta-Sprint, maybe.

This year (again) I was very happy to see the effect of Andreas' training
on packaging. A Sprint in its pure form is not held for that, admittedly,
but it is so useful. It made me think, given all the expertise in the room,
that we should possibly have a few more tutorials on selected biomedical
routine workflows with Debian. Also, the event had a lot of individualised
training on various aspects of programming or system administration, just
when  individuals joined for a couple of minutes with someone else on some
technical challenge - constructive procrastination.

I'll keep thinking about it all a bit more over the next days and will
see what ideas emerge. Please feel free to send me (or to the list)
yours.

Many greetings

Steffen