Re: Version 2.1.0 of kissplice

Hi Andreas,

Thanks for the advice, we will most probably apply to the next release !

Kind regards,

Vincent

On 02/03/2014 12:20 PM, Andreas Tille wrote:
Hi Vincent,

On Mon, Feb 03, 2014 at 10:57:28AM +0100, Vincent Lacroix wrote:
Dear Andreas,

Indeed the directory tests/ is empty, but this is because the
datasets we use for the tests are very large,
and since they are more useful to developpers, not users, we thought
it would be wiser to remove them from the distribution
Thanks for confirming your reasons to leave tests empty.  I think it is
reasonable to not bloat the source archive with large amount of test
data.  However, if I were you I would provide some smaller sample to
enable some autotest runs.  This could be prove quite usefull in the
Debian scope since we are running the tests on different hardware
architectures (== different byte order) which could have some influence
and you would notice some compatibility problems.  This might become
important once you might consider gene sequencing on high performance
low power consuming arm clusters.
I hope this is fine !
Let us know if you think we should do differently
I'll upload kissplice 2.1.0 as is but you might consider my reasoning
for future versions.

Kind regards and thanks for providing us with the needed information

Vincent Lacroix
Université Claude Bernard - Lyon I
UMR CNRS 5558 Biometrie et Biologie Évolutive
INRIA Projet BAMBOO
http://lbbe.univ-lyon1.fr/-Lacroix-Vincent-.html

************** ATTENTION NOUVELLE ADRESSE ELECTRONIQUE **************
*                  vincent.lacroix@univ-lyon1.fr                    *