Re: Introducing myself - conquest

Hi Pablo,

On Sun, Jan 26, 2014 at 10:00:49AM -0200, Pablo Lorenzzoni wrote:
> Hello fellows,
>
> My name is Pablo Lorenzzoni. I am currently using ConQuest DICOM server and
> would be happy to package it for Debian.
>
> I've seen previous works on the package (and the SVN tree), and bug 680352. I
> contacted previous maintainer Mathieu Malaterre <malat@debian.org> and he
> told me he's not using it anymore so I could take over the package.

This would be great.  We really try to package anything that is
seriously used and you are using it obviously.

> My work is at github.com/spectra/conquest-dicom-server . My plans with the
> package can be read at README.Debian.
>
> Please add me to Alioth project (so I can subscribe debian-med-packaging
> list).

I have not found your name on Alioth.  Please register first and tell me
your login name (or simply apply for the Debian Med project).

> I intend to use git as VCS, please tell me if it's required to use SVN for
> this package (since it began there)... I can keep debian-med svn in sync. If
> that's not the case, I can set a git repo under debian-med and keep that as a
> git remote.

As Matthieu just said Git is fine as well.  I'll leave it to your
decision to save the history in svn or just to drop it (most probably
the history is not worth keeping and simply ignoring it might simplify
the transition process).

If you have any need / interest for mentoring you might want to consider

   http://wiki.debian.org/DebianMed/MoM

Kind regards and thanks for your interest in Debian Med