Re: Fis-gtm accepted in unstable

Hi Brad,

many thanks for the patch!

On Fri, Dec 20, 2013 at 02:24:12PM -0500, Brad King wrote:
> On 12/15/2013 05:38 PM, Bhaskar, K.S wrote:
> > Yes, thanks to all, and especially Andreas Tille, Amul Shah, Luis Ibañez and Brad King.
>
> Thanks to all as well.
>
> I've just tested installation on my Debian x86_64 system and
> have discovered that zhelp does not work:
>
>  $ sudo aptitude install fis-gtm-6.0-003
>  $ export gtm_dist=/usr/lib/fis-gtm/V6.0-003_x86_64
>  $ export gtmroutines="$gtm_dist/libgtmutil.so $gtm_dist"
>  $ $gtm_dist/mumps -dir

If this is the way you are calling mumps we should rather provide a
wrapper doing this.  WHat do you think?

>  GTM>zhelp
>
>  Error in GT.M  help utility

I just uploaded a package with your patch which shows the help properly.
Note: As a beginner it is definitely *not* intuitively to leave this
help - I neede to interupt by ^C.

> I downloaded the package source and built with CMake by hand.
> The build tree does contain the global directory files and using
> zhelp works with gtm_dist pointing at the build tree.  It does
> not work after "make install" with gtm_dist pointing at the install
> tree.  The patch below installs the .gld files and makes zhelp work
> from the install tree.
>
> Do these files need to be installed from the build tree or should
> something else be creating them later?

I think the patch belongs to upstream.  Why not suggesting it to their
bug tracker?

Apropos bug tracker:  Next time you could rather use

    reportbug fis-gtm

which would push the problem report exactly to the right place.

Thanks again