Re: AFNI

Hi,

On Thu, Dec 05, 2013 at 10:50:36AM -0500, Yaroslav Halchenko wrote:
> We haven't uploaded AFNI to stock Debian yet since primarily because

I admit I personally do not mind *why* you did not uploaded the package.
I just wanted to address the fact that you *claimed* in d/changelog,
that the ITP bug was closed in a *historic* changelog paragraph.  The
only thing I wanted to make you aware about is, that the "Close: #<bug>"
phrase should always remain in the latest changelog paragraph if the
package is not uploaded (for whatever reason).  The rationale is that
the machine readable parser is only reading this latest paragraph and
the ITP bug would be hidden from the parser which would be an unneeded
loss of information (besides the fact that your changelog is not correct
strictly speaking).

> Also ftpmasters I guess would complaint that afni-common depends on
> afni-atlases which we provide only from NeuroDebian data repo  due to their
> size/licensing issues.

I will not dive into this but may be it is possibly to consider some
small dummy dataset which might prove the functionality?

> I will update this thread when we upload fresh snapshot and push to
> alioth updated packaging so if someone could look at the
> license/copyright state -- would be great!

Volunteers?????