Re: Flexbar release 2.4

On 30/07/13 14:25, Johannes.Roehr@mdc-berlin.de wrote:
> Hey Tony,

Hi, Johannes.

Sorry about my late reply - I've been on holiday in California...

[Please note my new email addrerss: I no longer work at the University
of Edinburgh. I'm back working at the University of Aberdeen again]

> yesterday I published release 2.4 of Flexbar on sourceforge. I made
> sevaral extensions, including reading and writing compressed files,
> support for usage of stdin (first read file) and stdout (except
> paired reads). I also improved various statistics and simplified the
> format option, which only has to be set in case of quality-based
> trimming with a fastq file now. Moreover, I adapted the new SeqAn
> 1.4.1 release.
>
> It should work to use SeqAn 1.4 or 1.4.1 with Flexbar. I excluded the
> SeqAn library from the src download this time. The thought is that
> SeqAn can be used in debian, but I saw that SeqAn 1.4 is not yet
> available. Let me know if you prefer to have SeqAn in the src
> download tarball as long as version 1.4 is not in debian. I could
> exchange it with a download that includes the SeqAn library.
>
> Furthermore, I remarked that the argument parser provides the
> possibility to write out the help screen in man document format,
> which could help you to prepare man pages for debian. Today, I added
> a hidden option (--man) to write out the help as man formatted text.
> This feature is unfortunately not part of the new Flexbar release,
> but can be used with a fresh checkout of the trunk version.

I've CC'ed this Andreas to ask for his advice about how to proceed with
your new upstream version. Thanks again for Flexbar, which I continue to
find very useful!

  Tony.
--
Dr. A.J.Travis, University of Aberdeen, Institute of Biological and
Environmental Sciences, Cruickshank Building, St. Machar Drive, Aberdeen