Re: [fis-gtm] builds with pbuilder

On Fri, 08 Feb 2013, Amul Shah wrote:

> - The next GT.M release will eliminate the dpkg-shlibdeps warnings (Yaroslav suggested - -Wl,--as-needed)

well -- you would need to verify that with this your build still
functions properly and has all needed bindings (e.g. if plugin relies on
some library to be loaded by the main process, but main process doesn't
use those symbols -- it would have undesired effects)

if you find that those are needed -- then better to live with the
warnings ;)

> Andreas asked if we should use GIT. Yes please. How do I/we do that?

> What remains:
> - I need a DEP3 compliant explanation of the suppression of the gtmsechr setuid and permissions.

> While I'm typing up the explanation, can we get the changes tested on a Debian build server?

pbuilder environment would be your 'Debian build server'.  but you might
like to create at least two -- amd64 and i386 (--architecture arg) on
your 64bit box -- to verify build in both 32 and 64 bit mode

--
Yaroslav O. Halchenko
http://neuro.debian.net http://www.pymvpa.org http://www.fail2ban.org