Re: [fis-gtm] builds with pbuilder

On Thu, 07 Feb 2013, Amul Shah wrote:

> On 02/07/2013 12:21 PM, Yaroslav Halchenko wrote:
> >On Thu, 07 Feb 2013, Amul Shah wrote:

> >>Andreas/Yaroslav,
> >>Thanks to Luis, I setup a pbuilder environment and built GT.M. There
> >>are a few lintian warnings and some package naming oddities that I
> >>am unsure about. How do I grab the build log, aside from using tee?
> >spoiled me uses git-buildpackage (could be called with --pbuilder
> >option) and that generates a nice .log  for me

> >>I say package naming oddity, because the generated deb is named
> >>fis-gtm-6.0-001_6.0-001-1_amd64.deb, where I expected to see a deb
> >>named fis-gtm_6.0-001-1_amd64.deb.
> >per our discussion at kitware some time ago -- we agreed to have
> >versioned binary package (i.e. version in the name) to signal that per
> >se you can't just upgrade fis-gtm to a new major.minor version to still
> >access previous DB -- it needs to be migrated.  And that is why it is
> >better to be able to co-install 2 (or more) versions at the same
> >time.  I do not remember though having -001 revision in there, and
> >would have expected fis-gtm-6.0_6.0-001-1_amd64.deb, but I could be
> >wrong.

> [amul:2] That -001 is the sub minor version. Our next release is
> going to be V6.0-002. I think we need that in there to allow
> V6.0-001 and V6.0-002 to coexist. Correct? We don't need one of
> those version numbers, that's for sure. Where are they coming from?
> I know one is in debian/control.

ah ok -- so you do want co-installability all the way to minor
version... then ok

in

fis-gtm-6.0-001_6.0-001-1_amd64.deb

fis-gtm-6.0-001 -- is the source name (find it in debian/control and
changelog)

then _ to separate the actual version which consists of two pieces --
upstreamversion-debianrevisionout which in this case  is 6.0-001-1 ;-)
so all legit... if it was an NMU there would be also e.g .1  suffix in
debian revision.

> >>I can't find the lintian warnings in pbuidler's output, but I did see them in debuild's output. This is what I see in debuild:
> >>W: fis-gtm source: changelog-should-mention-nmu
> >>W: fis-gtm source: source-nmu-has-incorrect-version-number 6.0-001-1
> >are you listed in Maintainers/Uploaders as well (with identical name in
> >the last changelog entry signature)?

> [amul:2] I'm listed as an uploader (or at least I think I am). I
> don't have a GPG key yet (well I did, but I forgot the password). My
> name is in both files, but the email address case is different.

here you go  -- probably that is it  -- make them identical since Steve
Smith !=== Steve Smith  and email is used also

--
Yaroslav O. Halchenko
http://neuro.debian.net http://www.pymvpa.org http://www.fail2ban.org