Re: Advent calendar

On 11/26/2013 08:39 AM, Andreas Tille wrote:
> Hi Thorsten,
>
> many thanks for this cute effort.  It's very welcome.
>
> On Mon, Nov 25, 2013 at 10:01:14PM +0100, Thorsten Alteholz wrote:
>> This year, there are about 190 cases which are relevant to Debian
>> Med[1] (17 being serious[2]).
>> So please feel pity for them and allow the transition of as many as
>> possible poor souls to their final destination, the retirement
>> community in the Archive.
> The oldest bugs amongst these serious ones are affecting the ugene
> package.  They had lower priority in the past since ugene is in
> experimental only but there is no reason to leave it like this.  The
> reported problems are fixed in SVN by new upstream versions since a long
> time but I was never happy enough about the packaging of this to do the
> final upload.  Currently the largest stumbling stone which prevents me from
> uploading the currently available packaging is, that in /usr/lib/ugene
> several libraries end up as unversioned lib*.so files.  In some previous
> build cycles I did lintian was even warning about this but this warning
> somehow magically vanished.
>
> I also invented a patch to use the Debian packaged sqlite which
> definitely needs testing.  The package builds with this patch but I have
> no idea how to test the functionality.  It also should be propagated
> upstream.
>
> Hardening is another open problem as well as some more lintian warnings.
> In addition to the chance to show up in the advent calendar I'm offering
> a free (as in beer) beer for the brave packager who might finish ugene
> which IMHO should end up with an upload to unstable instead of
> experimental.
I am having a quick look at ugene, it seems that it embeds samtools
(src/libs_3rdparty/samtools/src/samtools), which is packaged in Debian
already

--
Olivier Sallou
IRISA / University of Rennes 1

gpg key id: 4096R/326D8438  (keyring.debian.org)
Key fingerprint = 5FB4 6F83 D3B9 5204 6335  D26D 78DC 68DB 326D 8438