Re: please sponsor upload aghermann-1.0

On Sat, 16 Nov 2013, andrei zavada wrote:
> Their site greets me with this:

> "Conduct research with EEG by licensing our Testbench software and SDK to
> obtain our *proprietary* software toolkit."

> ... which describes precisely why I set out to do aghermann in the first
> place. But I digress I suppose.

well -- of cause I was not suggesting to use their stock toolkit but
rather e.g. https://github.com/qdot/emokit (not that I have used it yet)

> I'm not sure I understood your question, though.  If it is about whether
> aghermann can read and work with the signal recorded by their gear, then yes,
> it can; however, some signal conversion would be required (they save the
> EEG signal in some "binary EEGLAB" format, but I'm sure converters exist to
> turn it into EDF, which is a kind of standard in sleep research).

> Or if the question is about how reliably aghermann can determine whether a
> subject is asleep?  Then hey, it's as reliable and as accurate as you
> implement it in lua!  That's the whole point of making it "1.0" :}

> Technically, I expose enough signal properties for the lua script to be able
> to score (a classic 30-sec page) as NREM1-4, REM or Wake according to the
> guidelines of Rechtschaffen & Kales (1968).

> By all means, if I didn't answer your question, please rephrase so I could
> try again?

That is ok -- I just shout question in the open to see if you happened
have tried aghermann with one of those cheap EEG systems and either
"they are any good" for the use with aghermann

--
Yaroslav O. Halchenko, Ph.D.
http://neuro.debian.net http://www.pymvpa.org http://www.fail2ban.org