Re: Sponsoring request: libmialm (houskeeping)

Hi Gert,

thanks for updating the package.

On Thu, Oct 17, 2013 at 02:58:25PM +0200, Gert Wollny wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> I figured that it would make sense to have a debug package for the
> library so I've updated the package accordingly.
>
> Changes:
>
>   * Add debug package

I builded the package and noticed some remaining lintian information
(possibly only visible if you really use the latest lintian from
unstable).

$ lintian libmialm_1.0.7-2_amd64.changes
I: libmialm source: duplicate-short-description libmialm-dev libmialm3-dbg
I: libmialm source: vcs-field-not-canonical http://git.debian.org/?p=debian-med/libmialm.git http://anonscm.debian.org/gitweb/?p=debian-med/libmialm.git
I: libmialm source: vcs-field-not-canonical git://git.debian.org/debian-med/libmialm.git git://anonscm.debian.org/debian-med/libmialm.git
I: libmialm3: no-symbols-control-file usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libmialm.so.3.0.0

I think lintian is correct in asking you for a different short
description for the dbg package here.  I have mixed feelings about the
canonical Vcs fields but given that this check has made its way into
lintian I tend to regard it even if I regard this as a very big nuisance
for all maintainers of packages in Vcs.

The last warning about the symbols-control file is an issue I formerly
ignored but I learned meanwhile that it might make sense to provide this
in the packaging.  Just use `lintian -i -I` to get more verbose
information with links to Wiki pages where it is sufficiently explained
what you need to do to accomplish this.