Re: freemedforms & rpath

Hi Eric,

On Wed, Jul 10, 2013 at 01:51:34AM +0200, Eric Maeker wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Since v0.9.0~beta1-2, the FreeMedForms project applications libs and
> plugins are build with a rpath setting. According to the Debian policy
> this is an issue
>
>     http://wiki.debian.org/RpathIssue
>
> I succeeded in:
> - correctly build all apps without any rpath (and without patch)
> - correctly manage dh_shlibdeps step

I guess you are refering to the currently commented parts done in SVN
commit r14132, right?  Without having tested this looks promising.

> - create a small wrapper (that manages the LD_LIBRARY_PATH)
> - launch freemedforms from the wrapper
>
> Should I include the DEB_HOST_MULTIARCH in libs/plugins path?

IMHO we should try to support multiarch if there are no strong reasons
not to do this.  However, before we ask for new trouble we should
probably resolve the rpath issue which is claimed by lintian (missing
multiarch is not (yet) considered by lintian).

> * Currently libs are installed in
>    . /usr/lib/freemedforms-common
> * plugins are installed in
>    . /usr/lib/freemedforms
>    . /usr/lib/freediams
> * there are no arch dependent code in the project

Did you missed an 'in' in front od dependent?  IMHO C++ code is always
arch dependent.