Re: Fwd: Flexbar 32-bit builds and SeqAn 1.4

On Thu, Jun 13, 2013 at 1:19 PM, Andreas Tille <andreas@an3as.eu> wrote:
> Hi Tony,
>
> On Thu, Jun 13, 2013 at 10:19:37AM +0100, Tony Travis wrote:
>> Hi, Andreas.
>>
>> Johannes has asked me about 32-bit support for Flexbar.
>>
>> AFAIK, 32-bit support for tbb would be provided automatically by a tbb
>> dependency of our Debian source package so we just need to enable 32-bit
>> architecture in the control file. I've downloaded the upstream sources
>> of Flexbar 2.34 and will build a new deb locally to try it out.
>
> I did so as well because I had some spare minutes.  I learned that the
> quilt patch needed to be adapted a bit and I also just have implemented
> my proposed changes to the manpage.  Please find my changes in SVN.
>
> I also enabled all architectures featuring libtbb-dev according to
>   http://packages.debian.org/sid/libtbb-dev

$ cat flexbar/trunk/debian/control
[...]
Architecture: i386 amd64 ia64 powerpc

I believe this is incorrect. You should instead do:

Architecture: any

This is properly handled by the buildd infrastructured. When
libtbb-dev is not available, the binary is simply not built. Otherwise
it would require a source upload of flexbar everytime a new arch is
added (eg. x32 comes to mind).

-M