Re: Fwd: Flexbar 32-bit builds and SeqAn 1.4

Hi Tony,

On Thu, Jun 13, 2013 at 10:19:37AM +0100, Tony Travis wrote:
> Hi, Andreas.
>
> Johannes has asked me about 32-bit support for Flexbar.
>
> AFAIK, 32-bit support for tbb would be provided automatically by a tbb
> dependency of our Debian source package so we just need to enable 32-bit
> architecture in the control file. I've downloaded the upstream sources
> of Flexbar 2.34 and will build a new deb locally to try it out.

I did so as well because I had some spare minutes.  I learned that the
quilt patch needed to be adapted a bit and I also just have implemented
my proposed changes to the manpage.  Please find my changes in SVN.

I also enabled all architectures featuring libtbb-dev according to
  http://packages.debian.org/sid/libtbb-dev

> Please advise me and Johannes about using SeqAn 1.4 for the package.

This takse a bit more time which I can not invest for the moment.  IMHO
the more urgent thing is to finally do the upload to fix bug #705382.
So I will go on pushing flexbar 2.34 to the Debian mirror.

ToDo list for further package versions:

  1. Try building against Debian packaged seqan.
  2. Forwarding the manpage to the author and recommend distributing
     it in his upstream tarball
  3. Run the tests provided in the package

Kind regards and thanks for your engagement into the package despite
your time constraints

        Andreas.