Re: new upstream release for GNUmed

Le Fri, Mar 29, 2013 at 09:00:05PM +0100, Sebastian Hilbert a écrit :
> On Friday, March 29, 2013 08:53:17 PM Sebastian Hilbert wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have just hit an error.
> >
> > Preconfiguring packages ...
> > Selecting previously unselected package gnumed-server.
> > (Reading database ... 726724 files and directories currently installed.)
> > Unpacking gnumed-server (from .../gnumed-server_18.1-1quantal1_all.deb) ...
> > dpkg: error processing /var/cache/apt/archives/gnumed-
> > server_18.1-1quantal1_all.deb (--unpack):
> >  trying to overwrite '/usr/share/man/man1/gm-remove_person.1.gz', which is
> > also in package gnumed-client 1.3.1-1quantal2
> > dpkg-deb: error: subprocess paste was killed by signal (Broken pipe)
> > postrm called with unknown argument `abort-install'
> > dpkg: error while cleaning up:
> >  subprocess new post-removal script returned error exit status 1
> >
> > Where do I have to look for the source of the problem ?
> >

> I found out it is shipped in both tarballs , gnumed-client and gnumed-server.
> I guess dpkg does not like this.
>
> The file could either be overwritten or it needs to be removed from one of the
> tarballs I guess.

Hi Sebastian,

yes, the packages must not ship the same file.  If both gnumed-server and
gnumed-client need commands such as gm-remove_person, then the best is to have
them in a separate binary package, built from one or the other source package.
You will need to consider whether you will use a versionned dependancy or not.

Cheers,

Have a nice day,

--
Charles Plessy