Re: new upstream release for GNUmed

Hi Andreas,

Let's see what Karsten has to say about this. I guess many Debian users run a combination of stable and testing. So from my point of view it might make sense to put 1.2.9 into (future) testing and 1.3.x into unstable.

1.1.x is effectively discontinued. I doubt that anyone relies on it anymore. Once freeze is over we could think about moving 1.2.x into backports.

I would start with testing 1.3.x in experimental. 1.2.x should move to unstable and later to testing.

For Ubuntu users it makes no difference if 1.3 is in unstable or experimental. Once a Debian package is there it is provided via the GNUmed PPA. I have long given up trying to catch Ubuntu releases.

Sebastian